Home Page


Complaints Procedures

In the event that a problem or concern cannot be resolved satisfactorily complaints will be referred to the Headteacher.


Appointments to see the Headteacher can be made via the School Office and letters can be addressed to Mrs Prout and either delivered by hand or posted directly to the school address.


A formal complaint may be made to the Chair of Governors if the Headteacher is unable to resolve the issue. Such a complaint should be made in writing to Mr Nigel Tiller, Chair of Governors, Kinson Primary School, School Lane, Bournemouth, BH11 9DG.


The Governors adopt the LA procedure for dealing with complaints, details are below.  Copies of this are available from the School office


Complaints about the curriculum, religious education and related matters would be made under Section 23 of the Education Reform Act.


How to Compliment, Express a Concern Or Complain about Kinson Primary School

For guidance on the schools complaint process, please contact the school who can advise accordingly:-

Kinson Primary School

School Lane



Dorset,  BH11 9DG

Tel: 01202 572713



Guidance on the Panel Hearing can be obtained from:

Type in ‘school complaints’ in the search engine.


Support and guidance if your child has special educational needs / disability:

Parent Carer Forum Bournemouth

A charity providing impartial, independent, information, guidance and support to parents / carers of children with Special Educational Needs / Disability.

Registered Charity Number 1151503






Schools work hard to maintain good relationships with the communities they serve; however, sometimes people can see ways to improve things, and helpful suggestions are valuable. This leaflet advises you on how to compliment, express a concern or make a complaint about a school in Bournemouth.



If you think that your school, teacher, Head Teacher, governing body or anybody else that works with the school has done some thing that you feel is particularly good, please let us know.  Your views will be passed onto the school concerned.  Please contact the complaints team or your school direct.


Concerns – Informal Stage

You should raise these informally with your child’s teacher, tutor, Head of Year or the Head Teacher -whoever you feel is most appropriate. Always try to make appointments to see members of staff. Usually, your worry can be sorted out at this stage.


Approach the school office and ask for an appointment to be arranged to discuss the nature of your concerns.  Before attending the appointment it may be helpful to write down what you wish to discuss.


  • What it is you are concerned about
  • When and where the incident(s) occurred
  • Who else was involved
  • Whether anyone saw it happen
  • Who you have spoken to already, and
  • What you want to happen as a result of raising your concerns.


The school has 10 school days to reply to the concerns that you have made.


If, after this meeting, you are not satisfied with the response the school has given, you may wish to make a formal complaint.


Formal Complaint Stages

Stage One - If your concerns were not resolved at the informal stage, you may decide to make a formal complaint.   You will need to put your concerns in a letter to the Head Teacher of the school and send a copy of the letter to the Complaints Manager (see contact details on reverse of leaflet.)  If your complaint is about the Head Teacher, you can proceed to Stage Two as long as you have already tried to resolve things at the informal stage.  The school has 10 school days to reply to your letter.

Stage Two – If you remain unhappy, you may ask for the Chair of Governors to become involved.  You should put the whole situation in writing to the Chair, via the school office, and send a copy of the letter to the Complaints Manager.  The Chair will then try to help resolve things.  The Chair of Governors has 10 school days to reply to your letter.

Stage Three – If the Chair of Governors has not been able to resolve the matter satisfactorily, you may then write to ask for the matter to be considered by a Panel of Governors.  Send a copy of the letter to the Complaints Manager.  You will, within 4 weeks, be invited to attend a meeting and speak to the panel.  Any documentation should be shared beforehand and only issues relating to the original complaint can be dealt with at the meeting.


Following this meeting, the Chair of Governors will reply to your complaint within 10 school days.


If you are left unsatisfied after the three stages above, then you can complain to the Secretary of State at the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) or to the Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED)