Primary 'Sport Premium' Funding
The primary ‘sport premium’ funding for primary schools has been designed to help schools in a variety of ways. Some of the outcomes we hope to meet through the ‘sport premium’ funding are:
• Increased opportunities for competitive sport.
• Improved quality of teaching and learning in Primary Physical Education, including more dynamic exercise in lessons.
• Improvements in the quality and breadth of PE and sporting provision, including “increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performances levels they are capable of’.
Kinson Primary School has a positive vision for the Sports Premium Funding through a robust plan. The vision and plan will look to ensure the sustainability of sport in the curriculum and school environment beyond the current academic year.
The Sport Premium Funding for 2017/18 for Kinson Primary School is £18,920.
Year 6 pupils in the academic year 2016-2017 could:
1. Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres (79%).
2. Use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke] (27%).
3. Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations (74%).