1. AWARDS - We earned 2 separate awards for our improvement in sport provision, participation and level of competition. These are...
The Sainsbury's School Games Bronze Award
The Active Dorset Sports Mark Silver Award
Only a small number of schools were able to achieve these based on their current provision and we should be proud of this!
2. COMPETITION PARTICIPATION - We were named joint 1st alongside St Katherine's as 'Most Participating School' in Bournemouth for sports events as we only missed out on 2 events in the whole school year - great news for the children who are getting these new opportunities.
3. CLUB PARTICIPATION - 77% of KS2 children took part in at least one club last year. 52% of KS1 & KS2 combined. Another huge achievement and the impact on participation and attitude to clubs this year shows how much of an impact this made.
4. SILVERWARE - The Y6 Boys Football team won our first trophy for a good number of years last summer. Winning the LEAF elite football Tournament and bringing home a huge trophy for the cabinet. Madison C also came 1st in Bournemouth for the 600m long distance and won the Sports Personality Award. The girls football team came 3rd in Bournemouth in the Bournemouth league.
As for the other competitions, we are getting stronger every year due to the improved attitude of children and the regularity of sporting participation in clubs, playtime, lunchtime and PE.
Year 6 pupils in the academic year 2016-2017 could:
1. Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres (79%).
2. Use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke] (27%).
3. Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations (tbc).